Rest Stops and Road Signs: A Couple More Photos That Make Me Imagine the Feel of Paint

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Couple More Photos That Make Me Imagine the Feel of Paint






































I'm thinking about intuition and about grace. I operate very well from the gut. I'm very intuitive. A professor, Martin Ball, told me that intuition is a a high level of thinking where the brain is working so fast that it outstrips methodical processes. Of course, thinking of intuition that way flatters me. And I'm very pleased to have this gift. Like anything else though, gifts don't mean much unless they're used, and used well. I think I need some help with developing my intuitive gift. I also need help with being accountable to myself - with discipline, in a word.

I'm thinking about joining a church, because I hope that being a part of a spiritual community might make me more accountable, both to myself (honoring my own gifts), and to others (building alliances and bridges with my gifts and theirs). I don't know if I believe in God, but I do think I believe in grace and I'd like to cultivate it within myself. 

I think grace is recognizing the immensity and abundance of this world, feeling that abundance within ourselves - feeling full. And it's not about wealth or fullness from food. It's more like being grateful for the painful pleasure of being alive.

On a more prosaic subject, I'm designing my blog now, and struggling with it because I don't know html. I want a very simple but elegant format, and I welcome all feedback (really!)

2 comments:

Katy said...

I've also thought about the benefits of joining a church or some sort of spiritual community for the same reasons. But, I joined weight watchers instead :)

Lauren Carter said...

You speak like a yogi. I wonder if you do yoga already, and if not if you might enjoy the community, spirituality, and discipline it brings. Sometimes it's lacking in community; it depends on the teacher, group, etc.

Followers

About Me

Brooklyn, New York, United States
Rest Stops and Road Signs is a place to remember my travels near and far...©2008 Amanda Carter